As I reflect on the last few weeks of my life, I am finding that my life is very good. I'm extremely grateful to have the material things that I have, a husband that I know loves me (no matter what) a house that I call home, children that are thriving in their lives, a ministry that is thriving as well. I have women that I love and minister to so they can improve their lives as well, because I have learned that I must give away what I have freely been given.
A little about me: I grew up in a home where I learned that anger, drunkenness, and sex was the way you showed and received love too and from others. I didn't understand how dysfunctional this was until LONG after God saved me from a life of drunkenness, drugs, prostitution, homelessness, childlessness, hopelessness, and being lost in a world of darkness that I couldn't seem to escape from.
I decided at eight years old that Jesus must not love me because if he did I would not have to endure the abuse that I experienced at home. So I stopped going to Sunday school. I know today through encounters with Jesus, that He was always with me, never left me, and loved me enough to use it today to help other women find healing.
I have decided to be obedient to God, and start writing out my thoughts that I have in regards to life, love, encounters with Jesus, promises from God that I have lived out, am living out, and hopeful to come on this side of heaven.
Today - my life is by far not perfect, but it is a life that is worth living and I'm so grateful He saved me.
Keep coming back!
Sheila
Comments
Post a Comment