Life Updates - It has been too long

 Golly - it has been a MINUTE since I have sat down and blogged or recorded my thoughts!

So much has happened this year and we are only in September and have a few more months to go. So I'm going to give you a few updates. 

1. One of our daughters is getting married October 1st and we couldn't be more excited for her! As you can imagine it has been very crazy with getting her ready and wedding planning! I'm excited for her joining into a great family that seem to love her much! Andrew and I are so pleased to be adding to our family. Lots of emotions have came with planning her wedding, as all mothers I'm sure probably go through ( I am assuming here, maybe I'm just emotional) :-) It is bitter sweet to see her move to the next season of her life but I'm so excited to have more grandbabies one day and to watch her grow and flourish as a woman and see what God has in store for her and her future husband! 

2. Andrew and I launched Eden Village of San Marcos in April of this year and this non profit organization will provide permanent housing for the homeless, disabled, and veterans that suffer from chronic homelessness in San Marcos Texas. We are thrilled that God has called us to partner with Eden Village out of Missouri and the Gathering Tree. What a wonderful organization to partner with and blueprint after to bring affordable permanent housing to this area. As you can imagine this has taken up quite a bit of time as we have organized the non profit, created the board, adopted by laws and articles of incorporation, completed the process, and received, our tax exempt 501c3 non profit designation. Another daughter has also partnered with us in this cause as well as a couple of great friends. Please look for more information about what we are doing as we are currently looking for land. You can follow us on our Facebook page, twitter, and instagram if you want or visit our website at www.edenvillagesanmarcos.org and sign up of our newletter and see how you can partner with us as well. Exciting things happening all around on this. 

3. I went back to work in corporate America, which for now is what I needed to do in order to pursue what the Lord has for me at this time. I don't mind working however I do feel called to work in the Kingdom and I know that God's timing is perfect and that will come to pass as He sees fit. 

4. We are in our 4th year of leading Celebrate Recovery and growth is always slow but again, I do trust that God has a plan and that it is a perfect plan, better than I can think or image. 

I'm home not feeling well today and missing some important meetings but Eden Village is being represented as I type. I'm grateful I have others to run this race with and share life with. I couldn't do the things I do without others. 

I went on a walk to Emmaus in March and it was truly life changing. I learned that there is nothing wrong with quiet, and in fact I crave it. All my life there has been so much noise, all around me and in side my own head. It is nice to want quiet time without the noise of the world and what I have found is that I can hear God clearer when I'm quiet. I feel like I have wondered around much of my life not paying attention to the most important thing in my life today so it is different for sure and I have embraced it with joy and contentment. Of course there are still obstacles to overcome but God has prepared me and created me in such a time as this in order to use me to bring about His will in me and others that I am around. I don't have all the answers today but I certainly know the one who does and I'm grateful for faith. 

That's all for now - I need to go lay down as my head is beginning to swim again. 

I'll be seeing you - 

Sheila







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapel & words from God

Kerrville Visit 11/27/21